- In 2009 as part of the cast in Kathryn Bigelow’s The Hurt Locker Evangeline won the best ensemble cast award in Gotham Awards and Washington DC Area Film Critics Association Awards.
- Evangeline has supported herself financially from the age of 15.
- Evangeline’s rented home in Kailua was burned to the ground on December 20th, 2006. She rents the home with her Lost stunt double and another woman, who also works on Lost.
- Evangeline played the role of a female Elf in the two-part epic fantasy film The Hobbit directed by Peter Jackson. The first part An Unexpected Journey will be released in December, 2012. The second part There and Back Again will be released one year later in December 2013.
- In May,2011 Evangeline gave birth to a baby boy named Kahekili, meaning thunder in Hawaiian. The father is Norman Kali, a Lost production assistant.
- One of the Lost producers says that Evangeline carries a Bible with her at all times.
- Evangeline was named in 2008 one of the World Spokespeople of L’Oreal Paris besides Freida Pinto and Elizabeth Banks.
- Evangeline is not a sun worshipper, despite the fact she lives in Hawaii to film LOST.
- Evangeline’s furniture from her previous house was from the salvation army.
- Evangeline was born in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada. She attended a French immersion school.
- Evangeline admitted that when her Hawaiian home burned down in 2006, she was horrified to find the paparazzi scavenging for her personal belongings.
- Evangeline said that while she was in college, she was a “loner.” She went to class, didn’t really talk to anyone, and went home.
- In an interview with Ryan Seacrest, Evangeline told Ryan that after Lost, she no longer wants to pursue acting.
- Evangeline never passed her driving test. The only reason why she got her license was because the guy at the DMV thought she was cute.
- One night, while doing some slightly drunken acrobatics outside a Karaoke Club, Evangeline accidentally smashed out one of her front teeth and now has a fake tooth.
- In 2002, Evangeline appeared in an advertisement for ‘Milk.’
- Evangeline says that if she was stranded on an island and could only bring one item, she would bring her bible.
- Evangeline has a song written about her called “Evangeline” by Kef.
- When Evangeline was a child, she brought a song called Jet Boy, Jet Girl by The Damned for her music class’ Show and Tell unknowing that the lyrics were full of sexual innuendo. When it was played for the class, her music teacher was so shocked, she sent Evangeline home with a detention.
- Evangeline says the coolest band she has ever met was Siggaros.
- vangeline is a member of the Peace Corps.
- Evangeline originally auditioned for one of the supporting roles on Lost, but unexpectedly, got the lead role of Kate Austen instead.
- In March 2006, Evangeline appeared in printed advertisements for Karastan.
- In 2004, Evangeline was reportedly paid $80,000 per episode of Lost.
- Evangeline was the only Lost cast member to audition by sending in an audition tape.
- Evangeline battled depression from the ages of 18 to 23.
- Evangeline is known on the set of Lost for her tomboyishness, her Christian faith, and her “potty mouth.”
- Evangeline’s passion is writing. She has written two novels, a screenplay and is in the middle of three other screenplays. She also writes short stories and poetry.
- At the age of 18, Evangeline went to the Philippines to work in Bible camps as a tutor and a Physical Education instructor for juvenile delinquents.
- Evi does not own her own television
- In 2006, Evangeline almost died while climbing Mt. Baker, in Canada, with her father. During the descent, she was so happy to be coming down, that she slid most of the way down on her bum screaming and hollering. Unfortunately, she slid over a crevice. Luckily, there was a snow bridge just happened to be in front of her and she grabbed hold of it.
- Evi is right handed
- Evangeline thinks the pen and paper are the best inventions ever.
- During an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, Evangeline accidentally crashed Ellen’s golf cart into the set and caused $10,000 (US) worth of damage.
- Once, on her way to work, Evangeline accidentally drove her roomate’s truck into the crafts services truck on the set of Lost.
- In December 2006, Evangeline and other members of the hit show Lost received their own line of 6 inch Lost action figures. Evangeline’s doll can say the following: – “Jack!” (thunderclap and rain) – (Frightened) “One … two … three … four … five.” – “If you’re thinking about going for the cockpit, I’m going with you.” – “I only made out with him because torturing him didn’t work.”
- Evangeline enjoys climbing trees and does most of her climbing stunts on her hit show Lost without the aid of harnesses or nets.
- Before becoming an actress, Evangeline’s jobs included a waitress, a bartender, a restaurant floor manager, an auto mechanic and a Sunday School Teacher
- In University, Evangeline was an anti-poverty and human-rights activist and founded and ran a world development and human rights committee.
- Evangeline is seen as an extra in the crowd, in the movie White Chicks.
- On November 4, 2006, Evangeline attended the 2006 Gemini Awards in Vancouver, B.C. to present the award for “Viewers’ Choice for Lifestyle Host” to Marilyn Dennis.
- Evangeline was nominated in the ‘Most Popular Actress’ category at the ‘2006 British National Television Awards’; the award went to Billie Piper. Evangeline did not attend the ceremony.
- Evangeline played in The Lizzie McGuire Movie as a police officer. She had no lines, and is not listed in the credits.
- Evangeline says since starring in Lost, she has become extremely self-conscious over her appearance and constantly finds flaws with her body.
- In 2006, Evangeline took part in a self-defence video for young girls called “Just Yell Fire” with her Lost co-star Josh Holloway.
- Evangeline was raised a Baptist and a Mennonite.
- Evangeline was once married to ice hockey player, Murray Hone, but their marriage broke up just after Lost starting shooting.
- Evangeline’s father is a home economics teacher, while her mother is a trained cosmetician, as well as a fully-trained manager of a day care centre.
- Evangeline attained a degree in International Relations from the University of British Columbia.
- While studying at university, Evangeline was discovered by a talent scout for the Ford Modelling Agency in British Columbia and was offered a career in modelling. She initially rejected the job but later accepted to pay for her college tuition and expenses.
- Before starring on Lost, Evangeline worked a variety of other jobs. She has worked as a flight attendant, waitress, and completed oil changes on big rigs while doing commercials and modeling to earn money for University.
- Evangeline says that she forgets things easily, like names and birth dates.
- Evangeline has said she is a bad driver. She has been in eight car accidents. No other cars were involved, but one involved a pedestrian who got was hit, landed on his feet, and continued running. He refused to get help from Evangeline and told her to stay away from him.
- Evangeline’s known nicknames are “Evi” and “Monkey.” Her Lost cast mates nicknamed her “Monkey” because of her ability to climb trees with ease.
- She has two sisters, including a younger one named Andrea.
- Evangeline said that if they were ever going to make a LOST game, she would be happy to be the voice of her character.
- Evangeline hosts regular episode parties at her house in her garden with the premier of new episodes. She says being outside is her favourite thing and loves to be the hostess and barbecues.
- Evangeline was a hardware girl on the popular video game review show Electric Playground until she was offered the role on LOST.
- Evangeline has been spotted taking golf lessons in Hawaii.
- Evangeline is fluent in French and loves ice skating, canoeing, kayaking, snowboarding and rock climbing.
- When Evangeline auditioned for the role in Lost, she had only one acting gig on her resume–a tiny, miss-it-if-you-blink appearance on Stephen King’s mini-series Kingdom Hospital.
- Evangeline is a devoted exerciser; she spends a lot of time working out outdoors as well as in the gym.
- After nearly drowning when she was younger Evangeline was terribly afraid of water, but since then she overcame her fear.
- Evangeline refused to do a partial nude scene in an early episode of Lost.
- Evangeline was voted one of People Magazine‘s ’50 Most Beautiful People.’ She was also on Maxim Magazine‘s annual ‘Hot 100’ list; Ranking No. 2, after Desperate Housewives’ Eva Longoria but ahead of seasoned stars such as Jennifer Garner (No. 3), Lindsay Lohan (No. 4) and Angelina Jolie (No. 7).
- Evangeline nearly lost the opportunity to star on ABC’s LOST due to her Canadian citizenship. J.J. Abrams and ABC had to obtain a work visa from the American government before she could start filming.
- Prior to her starring role on Lost, Evangeline worked as an extra in several productions filmed in Vancouver. She can be seen in episodes of Tru Calling, Smallville and Dead Like Me, and in films Freddy vs. Jason and Stealing Sinatra.
- From 2002-2004, Evangeline was the spokes-model for Livelinks to pay for her studies, a latenight dating hotline, whose numerous commercials often air during late night television.